2.15.2004

Coversations in IM...


My writing buddy Marge and I had a fascinating conversation tonight in Instant messenger... it went like this:

KinnicChick: Marge!

KinnicChick: I just had to see if you were online so that I could tell you thanks. Your e-mail today made me laugh so hard I nearly choked...

KinnicChick: Actually it was the one yesterday... sorry.

KinnicChick: Marge? Helloooooooooooooo? Are you there???

KinnicChick: It's KERI!!!!!!!!!!

KinnicChick: Sorry. I changed my name.

KinnicChick: Imagine smiley face here...

KinnicChick: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KinnicChick: Wish I knew how to send a sound...

KinnicChick: Did you fall asleep at the keyboard?

KinnicChick: YooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo...

KinnicChick: Good Lord I can be annoying.

KinnicChick: This isn't Becky, is it? Wow. Wouldn't THAT be embarrassing??? If so, HI BECKY! Imagine smiley face here...

KinnicChick: Geez Marge, turn the sound up on your laptop, will ya?

KinnicChick: Maybe if I make the writing a little louder, then you'll be able to hear me?

KinnicChick: I don't know... You seem to be online, but just not listening. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe I'm not really typing. Maybe I'm just imagining this whole conversation! Oh yeah. That's probably it. I guess I'll just give it up and go do some crocheting. Or writing in my notebook. Or more steaming over the whole ... situation. edited for privacy...

KinnicChick: Too bad you are ignoring me. I thought you were my friend.

KinnicChick: Imagine winking smiley face here...

KinnicChick: Later baby...

KinnicChick: Hope you actually find this conversation before you sign off for the night. It would be a pity if you don't.

There is a pause of about a half-hour then...

KinnicChick: You're still online!??

KinnicChick: Can you hear me yet?

KinnicChick: Guess not. Well, I'm going to bed now. Talk to you later, Marge. Have a good night.

Fascinating stuff, huh? Educational, too.

Sorry I missed you, Marge! Maybe next time!

No comments: