1.21.2004

Wednesday...


Sunny day! And 30 degrees... A heat wave!

I just saw the biggest hawk flying away through the woods. Wish I had seen it sitting in the tree at the edge of the turnaround before it took off. It was amazingly huge. I'm not feeding birds here this winter as I usually do because I got so tired of feeding squirrels and providing little birds for the huge birds of prey. I just couldn't stand it anymore. So I wonder why it was hanging out here? It could have taken the little frozen dead mouse that I pushed out of the garage a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think that would have been of interest to it.

I finished watching Apocalypse Now while I did my run. Why do I find so many movie endings unsatisfactory? I'll just have to go into the business of writing movies myself so I can always end them myself... :)

When I finished that one, I started watching A Mighty Wind. I'm grinning the whole while just because I find satire so darned satisfying and I myself actually enjoy folk music, so I can laugh at the fact that they are making fun of that, too.

For today's stats...

The run: 3.25
Total so far: 173.66
Still to go for goal: 326.34

See you tomorrow!



No comments: